Flexographic Printing Sleeves
Flexographic printing sleeves are used to mount plates on it. Initially, flexographic printing plates were mounted on the cylinders directly. But since plates were not easily interchangeable and using multiple cylinders for several jobs lead to high costs and storage problems, flexo printing sleeves were developed. Flexographic printing sleeves can be easily floated on and off the printing cylinders. Flexographic printing plates are mounted on the plate sleeves, which are floated onto the mandrel by using compressed air. A flexographic printing sleeve is also known as “Plate carrier” or “Plate sleeves”.
Flexo printing sleeves are important for the flexographic printing process as it has a major influence on the efficiency and the quality of the print. Flexographic printing sleeves reduce press downtime as the next flexographic printing plate can be mounted on the plate sleeve while another job is running. It helps in getting multiple jobs done without having to demount the flexographic printing plates, thus saving time and energy and increases productivity. Briefly, flexo printing sleeves are cost-efficient, easy to float and enfolds around the mandrel providing the same level of quality and accuracy.
At Tech sleeves®, we offer printing sleeves and bridges (adapters) for the flexographic printing industry. We believe that we can increase the printing quality and overall efficiency through a combination of experience and innovation. Our vision is to continuously develop products that enhance performance and quality while offering innovative features and services to strategically position the company worldwide.
We understand the problems in the industry and therefore build the products using unique high-quality materials to ensure durability, consistency and dimensional stability. All our flexo printing sleeves and bridges are built with different layers:
- Flexible and expandable innermost core. (1 mm)
- Contains Dyneema® that offers maximum strength with minimum weight.
- Dyneema® doesn’t fray and is up to 40% stronger than aramid fibers such as Kevlar®.
- Prevents slipping of the sleeve on the mandrel.
- Extremely durable and resistant to moisture, UV light and chemicals.
- Compressible Foam Layer. (1 mm )
- The compressible Foam Layer has high rebound resilience and is up to 50% compressible without bulging.
- Reduces bouncing and enables the sleeve to have a perfect fit on the mandrel.
- Resistant to permanent deformation, good abrasion resistance from aging, weathering and cleaning solvents used for polymer plate cleaning.
- Stitched, Bonded and Compressed Spherecore material in various thicknesses.
- Contains a filament fiber base which is volumized by fiberglass infused with Epoxy Vinyl-Ester-Resin.
- Light weight with extreme high flexural strength and form stability.
- Ultra-high-strength composite core reduces bouncing at high speed.
- The Outer Surface Layer contains Epoxy Vinyl-ester-resin reinforced with technical filaments and polyester fleece. (2 mm.)
- High chemical and temperature resistance with excellent tape mount and demount properties.
- The compressible surface layer forcompressible soft sleeves and bridges consists of cellular, water crossed-linked foamed polyurethane.
- The outer layer of the soft sleeves / adapters is available in 40, 50 or 60 ShA.
- Designed to eliminate the need of compressible double sided mounting tape.
- Saves time and money on tape because of its compressibility.
We also offer supporting equipment. For more details, contact us!
In case of questions, Contact us.